In the wee hours of the morning on 19th August we have a beautiful, lion-hearted New Moon in Leo, setting the scene for the next two weeks.
The Sun, Moon and Mercury (planet of the mind/communication) form an easy flowing kite pattern with Mars in Aries (warrior energy), the south node of the moon (relating to our past conditioning) and the north node of the moon (relating to our purpose and where we’re headed).
This kite is really helpful, in that it assists us to see things from a higher perspective, particularly if we find ourselves being caught up and feeling resistant to, the drama and fear around us. There’s some harsh, frustrated energy around this new moon, which comes complements of Mars squaring Pluto, Saturn and Jupiter.
Mars in Aries is fiery, passionate and impatient and wants us to sharpen our swords, fight the system and stand up for our individual rights, but he is being frustrated by the “powers that be” or the “Establishment” (the Capricorn bunch).
This combination of fire and earth energy can lead to impatience, irritability, exhaustion, disagreements, volatility or explosions of deep seated anger or rage.
Or it can ignite something bigger, something higher within us and help us to make significant and enduring change.
The Great Awakener Uranus (in Taurus) has just turned retrograde and will stay that way until January 2021, bringing with it even more change and unpredictability, in terms of our values, our finances and our food supplies (Taurus). The energy of Uranus is unpredictable, maverick, hates limitations and might send a lightening bolt into areas of our lives where we feel stuck.
We need to remember though, that these current alignments and Uranus in particular, are always encouraging us to let go of that which isn’t serving us, wake up, become more conscious and embrace change
If you have the sun, moon or ascendant in any of the fixed signs (Taurus, Scorpio, Aquarius or Leo) you may feel this Uranus Retrograde cycle more acutely. However, we’ll all be working with this on one level or another.
FREE FLOWING FIRE
From my perspective, the energy of this New Moon is clearly telling us to draw our attention away from resistance, away from polarized thinking, (right/ wrong, good/bad) – unless we want to struggle and suffer more.
Listen to this beautiful recording – the Theme from Time
Let’s look more at the sign of Leo, which is where the New Moon is located, New moons are always times to plant new seeds, set intentions for the lunar month ahead and start new endeavours. Leo is a fixed fire sign, that rules the heart, the inner sun, the unique spark of light that is our true essence.
This brings our focus to courage, fun, play, creativity and expression – a welcome respite after the heaviness of the last few months.
Think of it as a lion living inside you, encouraging you to let go of old conditioning and shine your light brighter, to be MORE loving, to yourself and others, to expand your heart, to be courageous and roar with the uniqueness of you!
If you’ve been repressing your heart light or your inner fire lately, it will be probably be wanting to escape around about now, thanks to Uranus turning retrograde and Mars in Aries.
HOW BEST CAN WE WORK WITH THIS ENERGY?
The best way, as I see it, is wherever and whenever possible, to maintain a loving centre. But how do we do that with so much doom and gloom and challenge around?
Here are some ideas:
- Before reacting, take a few deep conscious breaths and bring yourself back into the present moment.
- Another way you can do this is to run through the 5 senses.
- From that place, ask yourself what a wise, loving person would do in the same situation.
- If horrific stories show up on your Social media feed, radio or tv and deplete your energy, you might ask yourself whether you want to read or share them? If someone you know consistently posts negative stuff, unfollow them (for a while) until this energy cools.
- If you are active on Social media, why not post inspiring news and beautiful imagery. The world could do with more of that!
- Instead of judging somebody else for their apparent shortcomings or fears, ask yourself where you do the same thing and what you need to change inside yourself.
- Reach out to somebody who is struggling. That definitely ignites the heart light!
- Ask yourself how and where you can be more loving, more daring, more creative, have more fun, perhaps even take a risk or two?
- If you’re going through a tricky moment, stop and listen to an uplifting song!
- Dance to that music – shake all the frustration out.
- Instead of closing your heart, open it more!
- Hold and spread the light.
Light ALWAYS wins over darkness!
In light and love