I don’t know about you, but it feels as though I’ve been bombarded with news about this eclipse season. This is partly due to the fact that the Total Solar Eclipse will fall at the exact degree of Mr Trump’s Ascendant (who was born on an eclipse). It will also be visible across North America, which is probably why there’s so much hype from across the pond!
I’m going to try and simplify the whole thing:
MORE ABOUT THE ECLIPSE
- On 7th August , we had a lunar eclipse in Aquarius and on 21st August there will be a total solar eclipse in Leo.
- At a Solar Eclipse, the Moon is positioned in between the Earth and the Sun, almost but not entirely blocking out it’s light, so as to create a corona or a ring of fire
- Eclipse seasons happen twice a year, so it’s not that unusual.
- However, this is the SECOND new moon in a LEO, which doesn’t happen often and as a result, is often referred to as a black moon.
- It falls at 28/29 (final) degrees of the sign, which tends to shake things up and intensifies the energy more than normal.
- This Solar Eclipse is conjunct (at the same degree as) one of the Royal stars, Regulus, which is concerned with success and fame, but it’s negative polarity is REVENGE.
- Mars and Mercury (retrograde) are close to the eclipse as well, creating a Leo Stellium.
- Eclipses are connected to the nodes of the moon, which are in Leo/ Aquarius from 28 April 2017 to 13th November 2018 extending this theme way beyond this eclipse.
- This eclipse season links back to 19 years ago. It does NOT mean that the same thing is going to happen again, but if you look back, you might find some common threads
WHAT DOES A SOLAR ECLIPSE REPRESENT FOR US SYMBOLICALLY?
- A gateway between the material and subtle worlds – a portal or opening to something new.
- A closure, a completion… where something disappears or ends, to allow for something new to enter.
- The masculine (Sun) being eclipsed / vanquished by the Feminine (moon).
- The feeling of life speeding up and unpredictable events occurring.
- The revealing of issues that have existed quietly in the shadows – remember when a Solar Eclipse happens during the day, the light from the sun is hidden, briefly revealing the night sky.
- Pressure, tension, anxiety, rage AND creative inspiration, liberation, flashes of intuition.
- Something that’s been “cooking” for months or even years, can suddenly come to a head and before you know it… it’s over, or it changes…. just like that!
- This can feel like a crisis or a big breakthrough, or both !
- We all need to bear in mind that very often what feels like crisis, can turn out to be a gateway to a whole new experience, although we seldom see it at the time.
WHAT IS LEO ASKING US TO DO?
- Leo is a fixed fire sign, that rules the heart and represents our unique essence.
- Think of a lion living inside you, encouraging you to let go of old conditioning and to shine your light brighter, be MORE loving, to yourself and others, to expand your heart, to be courageous and roar with the uniqueness of you!
- If you have repressed your fire/ fun side/ creativity/ rage, it will want to escape, somehow!
- The Sun, Moon, Mercury retrograde and Mars in Leo presents us with a whole lot of fixed fire (Fixed – stubborn, contained, sustaining or repressed) (Fire – inspiration, creativity, intuition, recklessness, restlessness, anger, rage)
- This combination of energy CAN lead to impatience, irritability, exhaustion, disagreements, volatility, or even violence, hatred and revenge.
- OR, the energy can ignite something bigger, something higher within us and help us to make significant and enduring change.
HOW BEST CAN WE WORK WITH THIS ENERGY?
- The best way we can serve this energy is to maintain a loving centre.
- Instead of spreading bad news or hate speech, we CAN make a difference, by simply not perpetuating it.
- If horrific events showing up on your Social media timeline are depleting your energy, STOP reading them! If someone you know consistently posts negative stuff, un-follow them (for a while) until this energy cools.
- If you are active on Social media, post inspiring news, beautiful imagery. The world needs more of that!
- Instead of judging somebody else for their apparent shortcomings, ask yourself where you do the same thing and what you need to change inside yourself.
- Instead of closing your heart, open it more!
- Be the bigger person. Reach out to somebody who is struggling.
- Hold and spread the light.
- Light always wins over darkness!
- As yourself how and where you can be more loving, more daring, more creative, have more fun, perhaps even take a risk or two?
- Reflect on what needs to change and take some sort of action on the day of the Solar Eclipse to activate that change.
If you’d like to understand how this is playing out for you, grab your chart and see which houses 14 to 30 degrees Leo falls in. The eclipse season will activate both houses.
If you haven’t had a chart done, it’s a good time to book a session with me, OR run through this list and intuitively connect with what is being triggered in your life.
FIRST / SEVENTH HOUSE AXIS
FIRST HOUSE – The way you radiate your light/ energy into the world, self-discovery, selfhood, independence, new choices, your approach to risk and new beginnings, your physical body, style, health, how you see yourself, independence, autonomy, self absorption, ego
SEVENTH HOUSE- Partnerships, relationships, marriage, close friendships, counsellors, open enemies, projections, co-dependence, how other people see you, co-operation, pleasing behaviour
SECOND / EIGHTH HOUSE AXIS
SECOND HOUSE – Money that you earn, talents/gifts/skills/resources you have that can support you, movable possessions, resources, where you derive your security from, your ability to survive and feel safe in the world, your sense of self-worth.
EIGHTH HOUSE – Other people’s money, shared resources, your attitude toward transformation, sexual intimacy, psychological transparency and honesty, intimate bonding, death, rebirth, regeneration.
THIRD/ NINTH HOUSE AXIS
THIRD HOUSE – Learning, teaching, the mind and perception, neighbours and neighbourhood, siblings, local travel, vehicles, transport, how you adapt to your everyday environment, how you adapt to rapidly changing circumstances
NINTH HOUSE – Higher education, Philosophy, wisdom, foreign travel, gurus, publishing, publicity, personal growth and expansion, thought systems, the search for meaning/the bigger picture/perspective, belief systems, in-laws
FOURTH TENTH HOUSE AXIS
FOURTH HOUSE – Private innermost self, physical home, family, roots, foundations, committed, parents, inner psychological self, introspection, imagination
TENTH HOUSE – Career, vocation, public image, fame, who you are in your community, marital status, worldly ambition, success
FIFTH ELEVENTH HOUSE AXIS
FIFTH HOUSE – Creativity, love affairs, romance, children, self-expression, recreation, art, performance, spontaneous pleasures, sharing from your heart, being seen, love you give others
ELEVENTH HOUSE – future, goals, hopes, wishes & dreams, groups of friends and networks, humanitarian concerns, being recognised for your gifts, love you receive receive from others
SIXTH TWELFTH HOUSE AXIS
SIXTH HOUSE – health, mind-body-spirit, work life, co-workers, service, perfection, order, control, discrimination, pets, mentoring and apprenticeship, lineage, aunts and uncles, mundane daily routines and habits
TWELFTH HOUSE – The collective unconscious, retreat, dreams, meditation, hidden enemies, self- sabotage, secrets, institutions (hospitals etc) spiritual consciousness, restoration, loss and surrender, saying goodbye, the end of a cycle
Check out the Art & Soul workshops I’ll be running in Durban, Johannesburg and Capetown in August, September and October – where we will continue creatively working on the Leo Aquarius theme. I’ll also be co-hosting an ART OF EARTHING Yoga/ Art retreat with Tracy Collyer of the Yoga Sanctuary at the beautiful Thornwood Lodge in Hluhluwe from 15th to 17th September.
In Life and Light