In the early hours of the morning on 1st August we have a beautiful, lionhearted New Moon in Leo, the first of two new moons this coming month. Venus and Mars join the pride, bringing with them some creative buoyancy, optimism and maybe even a bit of fun and romance, especially after some of the seriousness of the last few months. You might be pleased to hear that on the day of the New Moon, Mercury stations (stands still), before turning direct the next day, after 3 weeks retrograde.
New moons are always times to plant new seeds, set intentions and start new endeavours and this one focuses on the heart, courage, fun, play, creativity and expression.
THE HEART LIGHT
Leo is a fixed fire sign, that rules the heart, the inner sun, the unique spark of light that is our true essence.
Think of it as a lion living inside you, encouraging you to let go of old conditioning and shine your light brighter, to be MORE loving, to yourself and others, to expand your heart, to be courageous and roar with the uniqueness of you!
If you’ve been repressing your heart light or your inner fire lately, it will be probably be wanting to escape around about now, thanks to Uranus in Taurus, who is squaring this new moon. The energy of Uranus is unpredictable, maverick, hates limitations and might send a lightening bolt into areas of our lives where we feel stuck. This combination of fire and earth energy CAN lead to impatience, irritability, exhaustion, disagreements, volatility or explosions of deep seated anger or rage.
OR, this energy can ignite something bigger, something higher within us and help us to make significant and enduring change.
HOW BEST CAN WE WORK WITH THIS ENERGY?
The best way, as I see it, is wherever and whenever possible, to maintain a loving centre. But how do we do that with so much doom and gloom and challenge around?
Here are some ideas:
- Before reacting, take a few deep conscious breaths and bring yourself back into the present moment.
- Another way you can do this is to run through the 5 senses.
- From that place, ask yourself what a wise, loving person would do in the same situation.
- If horrific stories show up on your Social media feed, radio or tv and deplete your energy, why read or share them? If someone you know consistently posts negative stuff, unfollow them (for a while) until this energy cools.
- If you are active on Social media, why not post inspiring news and beautiful imagery. The world could do with more of that!
- Instead of judging somebody else for their apparent shortcomings, ask yourself where you do the same thing and what you need to change inside yourself.
- Reach out to somebody who is struggling. That definitely ignites the heart light!
- Ask yourself how and where you can be more loving, more daring, more creative, have more fun, perhaps even take a risk or two?
- If you’re going through a tricky moment, stop and listen to an uplifting song!
- Instead of closing your heart, open it more!
- Hold and spread the light.
Light ALWAYS wins over darkness!
In Life and Light